Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Sandwich Spot Found!

Now, if you have ever even visited this blog by accident one time or another then you know I have 3 loves in my life. My family,hip hop and food. And I am a passionate person! So you already know that when I find a spot worthy of passing on then it has to be good. And this spot is.

This spot is called Gyro Express and it is located on the NW corner of Parker and Ave K on the east side of Plano. It is attached to a car speaker system installation place and was formerly a taqueria. I initially stopped for some tacos but to my surprise saw Gyro and demanded the wife pull over. So I ran in and honestly thought I went into the wrong door because it's just a long hallway with a 2 foot by 2 foot window you order thru. The inside of the place was amazingly kept. The grill and vent-a-hood was super shiny and everything looked very sanitary. So don't worry about that. So I ordered the chicken gyro with fries and a drink and tipped the guy a couple of bucks because he just opened last Wednesday. But the total before tip was 6.48. I mean come on now. EXCELLENT Prices. So I chatted with the guy for a while as the food was cooking and snapped some shots of the place too. After he boxed up the food wifey and I took off and tore into this hot pita and chicken combination. It was EXCELLENT. Now, the fries could have used some salt and pepper no doubt but the Gyro was amazing. And the ice cold canned Dr. Pepper really set it off with that freezing cold carbonated kick. Yum. I will def. be back to this place when I can get around to it. I give this place 4 out of 5 stars.

Oh yeah, they even offer free delivery and a drive-thru.


Peep the pics.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

///

No comments: